By accessing the Making a Difference with Data website and services you are deemed to have read and accepted the Terms, whether or not you have registered with the platform as a user.
We may make changes to these Terms at any time. You should check these Terms regularly to make sure you are abiding by the most current version.
2. ABOUT www.madwdata.org.uk
The Making a Difference with Data name and activity, and the website www.madwdata.org.uk are owned by Boilerhouse Media Ltd. Company registration number 03866041, registered office: Hillside, Albion Street, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5BH.
www.madwdata.org.uk provides information including text, video and links, and supports professional social networking, collaboration and the sharing of information and ideas for its users. Facilities include but are not limited to discussion forums, news feeds, member information, document libraries and other resources. Registered members of the Making a Difference with Data community may search for and contact other members. The majority of content available in the Making a Difference with Data communities section is generated by our Making a Difference with Data members and not by us.
3. ACCESS AND AVAILABILITY
We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend access to all or any part of Making a Difference with Data or cease its operation temporarily or permanently at any time without notice.
Access to, and the use of, some parts of Making a Difference with Data may be restricted to members. Access to some groups within the Making a Difference with Data communities section will require prior approval from the individuals who established them (known as group owners).
We may, at our sole discretion, refuse to register a user, or to provide membership or group membership that entitles access to certain parts of the Making a Difference with Data platform to certain users, or terminate their status as registered user, member or group member without providing reasons for doing so.
The Making a Difference with Data platform is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we give no warranties or guarantees that it will meet particular levels of availability or functionality. We strongly recommend that users do not post any business critical information or material on the Making a Difference with Data platform.
There are three levels of registration and access for the Making a Difference with Data platform:
Registered for alerts: the user provides their name and email address and receives news and information alerts
MADwDATA member: user provides additional information in return for access to some restricted material and the right to join groups within the communities section of www.madwdata.org.uk
MADwDATA group(s) member: user joins open or closed group within the communities section. They are able to see details of other people in the groups they join and can message people who allow this.
You must complete the registration process in order to achieve any of these levels of access. None of the information you supply when will be available to other registrants unless you have joined/been accepted into one or more groups. As a member of a group, your name will be available to other members that group. Other information your have supplied will be available to them according to the permissions you have given via your personal profile.
You can edit your personal profile by logging in and selecting "My Profile”.
5. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6. YOUR CONDUCT
We allow you access to the Making a Difference with Data Platform as a member on the following terms, which you agree:
- you provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself on any registration forms on the Making a Difference with Data Platform ("Registration Data");
- you must only use the Making a Difference with Data Platform to post, use or send content and messages that comply with our instructions and which are legal (in respect of the law applicable in England and Wales, Scotland and in any country from which it is posted) and appropriate to the Making a Difference with Data Platform;
- you maintain the security of your user name and password;
- you maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete;
- you are responsible for all actions taken under your username and password;
- you do not seek to pass yourself off as another person or user; and you comply with these Terms.
You must not do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others; impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity or use or attempt to use another Registered User's account;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be obscene, indecent, unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, fraudulent, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material which contains a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- use the Making a Difference with Data for commercial purposes; upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising (although you may advertise events you think may be of interest to other Registered Users acting in their professional capacity),
- unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or engage in any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available content unless you are sure there are no restrictions on your ability to do so;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, corrupted files, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- delete any required author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in, or falsify the origin or source of, any material that is uploaded;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or in any way seek to change the Making a Difference with Data or otherwise interact with the Making a Difference with Data Platform;
- register for more than one user account, register for a user account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a user account on behalf of any group or entity; or
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make publicly available on the Making a Difference with Data Platform any private information of any other party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and credit card numbers without first having obtained their written consent to this.
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a contribution to the Making a Difference with Data Platform or any other activity breaches these Terms.
8. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Making a Difference with Data Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Making a Difference with Data Platform, the server on which the Making a Difference with Data Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Making a Difference with Data Platform. You must not attack the Making a Difference with Data Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We will report any such action to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Making a Difference with Data Platform will cease immediately.
Some content on the Making a Difference with Data platform is generated by our users and may be out of date and we make no commitment to update or remove content, nor do we warrant the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of any content on the Making a Difference with Data Platform.
Content is for information only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise). We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials from any registered user, member or visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
When you use the Making a Difference with Data Platform you will be able to share content with us and with certain other platform members and you will have access to content provided by others. You are solely responsible for content you post or make available on the Making a Difference with Data Platform. Any Content you display on the Making a Difference with Data Platform is done so entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge that Content posted on the Making a Difference with Data may be viewable by other members.
You may also be able to communicate with other members through the Making a Difference with Data Platform and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for those communications. We are not responsible for the behaviour or activities of Making a Difference with Data members.
We recommend that you do not include sensitive personal information in any messages you send via the Making a Difference with Data Platform and that you do not post any content on the Making a Difference with Data Platform unless you are willing for it to be shared with other members and made public.
We may from time to time disclose content provided by members to the police or other enforcement or regulatory bodies if (i) the disclosure may assist their investigations or (ii) the disclosure is required by law or any regulatory obligation, or (iii) we believe that such disclosure is necessary to assist in the prevention or detection of any criminal action (including fraud).
By using the Making a Difference with Data Platform you accept that you will be able to access content posted by other members in an unedited and unrestricted form. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform. Administrators of groups may also monitor your use of that group. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any content.
We reserve the right to promptly without notice to you to reject, remove, or edit any content on the Making a Difference with Data Platform without any liability on our part. Administrators of groups may also do this where the content is posted in the group they manage.
If you encounter any content or behaviour in connection with use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform which you think is unacceptable you should report it to us using the contacts given on the ‘contact us’ page. We will then review the content or behaviour and decide whether it complies with the Terms and we will deal with it in our discretion.
Where we consider it appropriate, we (or the facilitator of the applicable community) will endeavour to contact you to inform you that a complaint has been received in relation to content which you have uploaded, the action that we have taken, our evaluation of the allegation, and what steps (if any) we require you to take.
11. POSTING CONTENT ON THE MAKING A DIFFERENCE WITH DATA PLATFORM
The Making a Difference with Data Platform supports collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and information.
By making content available on the Making a Difference with Data Platform you grant us (and our agents, successors and assignees) an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, and publicly display your content on the Making a Difference with Data Platform (a) for the purposes of our providing the Making a Difference with Data Platform to users and promoting the specific community or other part of the Making a Difference with Data Platform to which such Content was made available; and (b) so that the content can be made available and be used, viewed and downloaded by those members that have access to the specific group or other part of the Making a Difference with Data Platform to which such content was made available.
As a member, you agree to comply with these Terms applying to Content you use, and agree to acknowledge the source of the Content when using it and retain any proprietary notices which may apply to it.
All copyright, trade marks, design rights, database rights and other intellectual property rights in or relating to the content on the Making a Difference with Data Platform (but not content supplied by members)("Our Content") belong to us or our third party licensors. You may access, use and reproduce Our Content (excluding any software code) solely for the purposes of your use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform.
You may also print, copy or download Our Content provided always that:
- you acknowledge us as the source of Our Content;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in Our Content.
The permission to use Our Content is revocable by us at any time.
12. LINKS FROM AND TO THE MAKING A DIFFERENCE WITH DATA PLATFORM
Where the Making a Difference with Data Platform contains links to websites provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the availability or content of such other websites, nor for any products or services available from them. Any such link should not be seen as an endorsement of such websites, or any products or services contained on them.
Please bear in mind that your use of such other websites may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the owners of those websites. Your dealings with such third parties are between you and the third party, and we accept no liability as a result of you accessing such websites or entering into contractual arrangements with the third parties.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you or your public sector employer.
The Making a Difference with Data Platform must not be framed on any other site except with our permission. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Making a Difference with Data Platform other than that set out above, please Contact Us.
We do not verify the identity of our members and you should not assume that the details of members are accurate. We are not liable for false or misleading statements by members.
We do not warrant that the Making a Difference with Data Platform is uninterrupted or error free or free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or technical defects of any description‚ and we accept no responsibility for any technical problems arising from your use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform.
Unless we specifically state otherwise, we provide the Making a Difference with Data Platform to you without any conditions, warranties, or guarantees which are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
14. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Nothing within these Terms operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to attempt to limit or exclude our liability.
We will not be liable for:
- any indirect, consequential or special losses or damages or any loss of profits, data or income arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of or in connection with your use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform;
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Making a Difference with Data Platform for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium or any virus infection or denial of service attack).
In the event that you have or believe that you may have any right, claim or action against any other Registered User from that Registered User's use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform, you agree to pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us, and you release us and you will procure that any third party releases us from all claims, loss, damage expense, costs, delays and other liability, known and unknown, arising from or in any way connected with such right, claim or action.
15. YOUR LIABILITY TO US
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and reasonable costs arising from or in connection with your use of and conduct on the Making a Difference with Data Platform and your breach of any of the Terms.
If we believe that you have not complied with the Terms we may, at our discretion and without incurring liability, cancel your membership and restrict access to the Making a Difference with Data Platform immediately and without giving you any prior notice.
Even after termination (for whatever reason) these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Any failure or delay by us to enforce strict performance by you of any of the Terms or to exercise any right under the Terms will not be regarded as a waiver of any rights.
If any provision of the Terms is found by any Court, or other competent body to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable, that part shall be deemed to be severable from the Terms and the remaining provisions of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
The Terms are not intended, nor shall they operate, to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us and you, and you are not authorised to act as our agent.
20. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in the Terms shall create or confer any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you or us.
We may provide you with notices regarding the Making a Difference with Data Platform or the Terms by regular mail, email, or postings to this website.
22. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the use of the Making a Difference with Data Platform and supersede any previous agreements between you and us regarding such subject matter.
We may assign, delegate or transfer our rights, liabilities and/or obligations under the Terms without your prior consent and upon such assignment, delegation or transfer we shall be relieved of any further obligations under the Terms. You shall not assign, delegate or transfer any of your rights, liabilities and/or obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent.
24. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.